Thursday, October 01, 2009

Merry Christmas #2

Happy Thursday!

Another Christmas card to add to my pile. One more name to cross off my list. Yeah!


I started off this card with the challenge for Stamp Something Challenge Blog. Their theme this week is something with your favorite layout or sketch. So this is my favorite sketch. If I am not provided with a sketch and if my muse decides to go on a vacation and deserts me (which happens more often than I like..LOL) and I can't come up with a new sketch, this is the one I fall back on. Variations on the placement of the small circle.

I also made this card for the Basic Grey Challenges. The theme for their Week 4 is embossing. I've used both techniques on this card:


heat embossing, for the sentiment at the bottom right corner (Colorbox gold pigment ink stamp pad and Stamp-n Stuff detail gold embossing powder),




and dry embossing for the top right corner (self-cut stencil and stylus). I've distressed it very lightly to bring out the pattern.







The Christmas theme of the card was initally just for little ole me--hee hee, but A Spoon Full of Sugar has made it their Challenge 71 - Christmas...Christmas is fast approaching and it will be here before you know it, so for our challenge this week we would love to see your Christmas creations. So I am using this card as my entry to their challenge also.

The colour combo is for Simon Says Challenge, their theme this week being the colour combo of RED and GREEN.

I've decorate the inside of the card by sitting another Tilda on a gift box.

Enjoy your day!

Stamps: Magnolia Waiting Tilda, Paper Inspiration Merry Christmas.
DP's: Basic Grey Wassail merry happy and Basic Grey Wassail noel.

27 comments:

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! Norma this is absolutely beautiful and I love Tilda! Your colouring is magnificent! What a great card and I just love your embossing so beautiful...I can't believe you cut your own stencil that is brilliant!
Thanks for joining us this week at the BasicGrey Challenges blog!
Hugs,Tara and the BG DT

Debbie Pamment said...

What gorgeous colours - so festive and yet modern! Another stunning creation Norma - and the stencil detailing is wonderful - one more talent you have I'm jealous of - LOL.
Lotsaluv

Only By His Grace said...

I love this cute Christmas card.
Slendid work Norma.
Hugs Marion

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness...your colours you chose to do your cards are just superb! wow! I just love the inside of your cards too! Your attention to fine detail is just amazing..you really know how to inspire someone! I hope I am on your Christmas card list!LOL
Christine

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
What a beautiful creation you have made today!!
Love the colours and of course your Tilda's are as gorgeous as ever!!!!
Hugs, Candy

Loraine ou Tilard said...

Every detail is sublime. I love your heat embossing and dry too. Thank you for inspiring me.
Hugs, Loraine

Jackie Thomas said...

I adore this card Norma, I especially love the Tilda image. You have coloured her brilliantly. Gorgeous. xo Jackie

Heather said...

Fabulous card Norma - not suprised this is your favourite sketch - it's fantastic. Great choice of papers, beautifully coloured Tilda and stunning embossing.
Thanks so much for playing along with ust at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Norma and the colours are beautiful! I love it!

Vivi Casale said...

She is gorgeous Norma..Beautfiul card!!!
xxx
Vivi

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just stunning, Norma. I love the colours and your sketch is so versatile for any Tilda. Beautifully coloured, of course. The inside is a wonderful as the outside with Tilda sitting on that package. Beautiful card...

Angelwood said...

Oh wow! This is wonderful! Your coloring is PERFECT and I love this sketch and the papers are gorgeous! Love it love it love it!!! hugz, Angela

Suzanne J Dean said...

You are crazy silly, lol---this is wonderfully fabulous Norma! She's colored beautifully & the layout & papers are beautiful! A fabulous job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Patricia Garcia said...

SUPER job, your coloring is always awesome and the embossing adds the perfect touch!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Jacque said...

Norma, she is just gorgeous!!! Your coloring is stunning and that is one of my favorite paper collections...just love it. Great job, sweetie!! Have a marvelous weekend...Hugs..Jacque

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Norma, she is adorable! Love all your detail on this card. Great Job!

stampingtink said...

What a cutie! She's colored so beautifully and I love that paper!

Sharon Caudle said...

Norma, this is so pretty! I just love this Tilda and you have colored her beautifully! Love the embossing too! Great card! hugs!

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Norma ! I love this Tilda image and your sketch is lovely ! fab papers and embossing too :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and hope you pop back tomorrow for the 24 hour Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x

Jodie from Oz said...

Norma,
Your card is beautiful, I love the colours and papers & design and your colouring is amazing. This Christmas Tilda is such a cutie and wow you are so clever to make your own embossed holly. Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Mel said...

Just discovered your fab blog. Gorgeous card, great layout ~ Mel

Ramona Michaluk said...

Another stunner Norma ! Love the papers and your colouring is fabulous as always - love the layout and your inner page too.
Just love visiting your blog !!
Hugs,
Ramona

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and the vintage feel. Great layout.

Glenda

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and wonderful sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Kerry D-C said...

ooooh! So pretty!

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the vintage look on this card and you did a beautiful coloring job on her!
Hugs,
Cabio

Maria said...

This is my fave Christmas Tilda. Your card is beautiful and is inspiring me to get started on my Xmas cards since it's not too far away. Hugs, Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...