Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tilda Exploring for Hidden Treasures

Hello all!

I couldn’t wait to show you my latest project. I’m quite pleased with how this turned out.

First things first, I want to thank Kirsten Aune for her wonderful tutorial. If you want to make a similar project yourself, here’s the link to Kirsten’s tutorial on a box with 4 drawers.



This is for 4 challenges:
I wanted to make a card for Cute Card Thursday. The theme for their Challenge 78 is Hidden Treasure. "This week we want to see a hidden element/gift in your cards/projects." I was thinking of making just a card with hidden messages, when during my blog-hopping, I came across Kirsten's tutorial and thought this would be just perfect for the challenge instead.

The image I used here I named Tilda the Explorer or Indiana Tilda, hee hee. No, actually she is called Jungle Tilda from Magnolia.


Decorating the top of the box is an actual card that I’ve created using the wonderful sketch that the ever-so-talented Jacque has provided for the Friday Sketchers Challenge 70. I’ve attached a ribbon to the card, so that you can secure the openings to keep the card from flapping around.

The theme at Stamp Something Challenge is favorite colors or paper. My favorite designer paper isn’t just one single DP, but the Scrapbook Walls collection from Chatterbox (I think this has now been discontinued). They have marvelous soft-colour combos and co-ordinating papers. Chatterbox was quite prominent several years ago, but lately I haven’t seen too many of their papers on the store shelves. It's a good thing that during a clearance sale I stocked up and now still have a good selection of their papers in my stash. All the DP's used here are from that collection. This is what the inside of the card looks like:



To put a cherry on top of the ice cream, hee hee… Well, you know how I love hand-made flowers? Or if you don’t, well I simply luvvv… them. This is a new flower I learned how to make from the tutorial that Michele Roos has done for the Just Magnolia Monthly Challenges. The challenge there for the month of September is based on the tutorial, which can be found at the challenge blog here. I used my EK Success retro-flower punches for the flowers I created.


Back to the box, for the drawer handles, I used these wooden things they called button plugs. Found them at Michaels. You get 23 plugs for $1.99CAN (probably $1.50US). I just polished them a bit with beeswax so the wood doesn't look unfinished. And attached them with a spot of craft glue at the centre of each drawer.

That's it. Sorry for this more-lengthy-than-usual posting. Enjoy your day!

Stamps: Magnolia Jungle Tilda. DP's: Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls: Rec Bias Plaid, Saddle Plaid, Rodeo Paisley, Sky Rodeo Paisley.
Tools: EK Success retro flower punches (large and medium).
Misc: Kaiser Craft pearls (the blue ones), Martha Stewart half pearls, Lara's Crafts wooden button plug 1/4".




31 comments:

Erin... said...

WOW WOW WOW this is amazing! gorgeous papers and beautifully embellies and what a fabulous project! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something!

Alison said...

This is stunning, I love that it has drawers, and the colouring of Tilda and the embellishments on the front are so beautiful.

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!!!! Norma this is just GORGEOUS!!! Love the papers, the flowers, the design, everything!!! WOW!! You really soared with this project, girlfriend! AMAZING! I love it!! hugs!

Angelwood said...

Wow! This is a really AMAZING project! And you did such a super job! I LOVE IT! hugz, Angela

Patricia Garcia said...

Amazing project, love the colors and this Tilda is adorable, I LOVE IT!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Debra james said...

WOW..... and so should be pleased. What a FABULOUS job you have done!!!!!!!!Love the whole idea and your colours are great. Cheers and Hugs.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Absolutely beautiful--I adore everything about it! And now I'm gonna have to make one & figure out how to make flowers too, sigh--so much to learn & so little time, hee hee! Fabulous work--it's gorgeous!

hugz,
Suzanne

Barb Hardeman said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Norma this is just stunning. Your hand made flowers are wonderful, I found a tutorial for similar flowers over on Tab Robinsons blog (she had a link to a blog in Finland). You did Tilda proud! This is just adorable and I'm going to have to check out the instructions to this darling box. I agree with Suzanne, so much to learn and so little time!!!hugs...Barb

Kellie said...

WOW Norma this is absolutely AMAZING as always an amazing, fantastic inspirational for all to admire xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a wonderful project. you can tell that you spent some time on it. A++ :)

Jacque said...

Lovely project, Norma...and a wonderful take on the sketch at Friday Sketchers...thank you so much for joining with us this week...Love those papers...Great job...Hugs..Jacque

dolcreations said...

Oh Norma this is just so amazing. You always do such wonderful work from the heart, that is for sure! I love the hidden drawers! What a great image as well for this treasure!
Christine

Deb said...

Norma, what a wonderful project! Your coloring is awesome. It all comes together beautifully!

Unknown said...

Wow Norma! You've really outdone yourself. Everything about this project is excellent!!

Nancy said...

Oh Norma your project is awesome! Love your handmade flowers and the hidden drawer box is really neat! I have never seen a box like this thank you for the link on how to make these cool items! Norma your card is gorgeous your work is always fabulous and I enjoy looking at everything you make you are such a inspiration!
Hugs,
Nancy

Cheryl said...

Holy, Moly, Norma! You should be pleased!! What a grogeous card and project! It has everything! Great coloring, colors, papers, flowers! I'm going back to stare at it some more! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

Cheryl said...

WOW absolutely stunning Norma,I have been wanting to make one of these,just had no time yet!!! Gorgeous colouring and colours....beautiful work!!
xx

Nicole Bailey said...

wow!! Your coloring is just stunning! That Tilda image is just so sweet. ;o)

Kirsten Aune said...

Hi Norma.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment in my blog. It means a lot to me. :)
I'm so glad that you wanted to try my tutorial, and that you thought it was easy to follow. WOW - your box is so beautiful, Norma!! I love it. Your colouring is gorgeous.
I've admired your other amazing works too, and I really look forward to follow you!
Have a great weekend, Norma.
Hugs, Kirsten

Vivi Casale said...

WOW Norma, this is stunning!! what a great job you did!! OMG!! it is absolutely marvelous!
xxx
Vivi

charlene said...

Wow Wow Wow and Wow again that is awesome ! I love it the colors are perfect, and look how creative you got :)!
Great job
Hugs

Do What You Love said...

WOW - this is really a true treasure and to me the absolute winner of the Stamp Something challenge! Congrats on making Top 5 but in my book, you won! Absolutely beautiful colors and what a work of art - the entire beautiful box! Beautiful!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Norma, this is just gorgeous! Love everything about it - your work is so amazing. I love all your little touches and the great detail you put into everything you do. Love those roses - they're stunning, just like this project!
Hugs,
Ramona

Anonymous said...

Wow...this is absolutely amazing Norma...what a fabulous box and beautifully decorated.
Hugs
Carole x

Shari Nelson said...

Wow, this is great! Love your color choice also!

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow, I love love love this project and such an adorable Tilda. Your work is amazing. I can't wait to try out this fabulous box and the handmade flowers.
Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs Oz Jodie

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow.. Another incredible creation. I absolutely love it. You are amazing. xo Jackie

Only By His Grace said...

Wow! Norma. Wonderful work. The box is gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful. your work is so outstanding. I love all that you do.
Hugs Marion

Debbie Pamment said...

OK - I'm going to sound like everone else but there's nothing else to say but - WOW WOW WOW.
I just don't know HOW you come up with winner after winner!
xXx

Bonnie said...

This is so flippin cute!!!! I love this! I need to think of something to use this for...I need to TRY and make one. I doubt it will come out like this...but I must try it! Off now to give it a whirl....

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful creation Norma. Great little storage for little embellies, ie. brads, eyelets, mini paper flowers, etc.
Your hard work shows!
Hugs,
Cabio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...