Monday, August 24, 2009

Fall Card & Treat Box

Happy Monday!

I've got a couple of projects to show you.

As a set, the card and matching treat box, it is my entry for the Magnolia-licious Hilites challenge. Click here for the details and also to participate in the Tricks-n-Treats Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop. There are prizes galore!! As you can see, because I don’t have any Halloween Tilda, I went with the Fall/Autumn theme instead.


In creating the card, I used this wonderful sketch provided by Rach for Just Magnolia Challenge Blog.
I had actually started this card using the colours that were provided for the Roses on Paper previous challenge—it was a fall-colour challenge: orange, brown and warm red. But I took too long in completing the card, that I missed the deadline. However their current challenge is to …incorporate the use of punches in a Sketch Challenge of your choice! So this card is for their Challenge 19.

At the Truly Scrumptious Challenge Blog, their current challenge is not for a card. “We would like you to make anything BUT a card.” So the treat box is my entry for their Challenge 14 as well.
I was browsing through the Scor-Pal website trying to decide which project--from among the the dozens provided there--to make for this 2nd part of the challenge and had almost decided on one. Then I was at my local DeSerres art store yesterday and saw this cute little see-through box that I thought would do instead. The staff must have been wondering what I was up to. I was turning the box upside down, side to side, this way and that, trying to figure out how it was made. Got out my pen and piece of paper, did a quick sketch and wrote down the approximate measurements. When I got home, I rework the measurements so that I only have to use one piece of letter-size paper (8 ½” x 11”). The box in the store is bigger than mine. I’m pleased of how this box turned out.

This is a picture of how I decorated the back and the sides of the box.

Okay, that's it. Sorry if this posting is too lenghty. Thanks for for visiting me. Have a wonderful day.

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Broom and Standing Fall Tilda, Inkadinkado clear stamp set Autumn Foliage.
DP’s: Provo Craft Fluttery Things, Over The Moon Press Natural Leaves, KI Memories Choices Collection Organized Tailgate
Tools: EK Success Swirl punch, Fiskars corner punch Leaves.

36 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow Norma, these are both fantastic. Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at TS.

Kellie said...

WOW Norma these are gorgeous. You always amaze me and coming to your blog is like a candy in itself! I love the colours you went with and as always your colouring is inspirational, love it xx

Heather said...

Fabulous set Norma - I love those autumnal papers they suit that Tilda image perfectly.
Fantastic work on the box and so beautiful made.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx

Alison said...

This is such a cute set, and the colouring is perfect for autumn. I always admire your cards, they are always finished off perfectly.

Cheryl said...

I just love the colrs on this one! The swirls are a nice embellishment as they give the feeling of that autumn wind blowing! Great box and one of my favorite Tildas!

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous creations Norma. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring. Pretty papers and details to. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome, awesome set Norma. Your images are perfect as is your coloring of them. I love the well placed flourishes that you've added - fantastic job....

Kathy said...

Gorgeous project Norma!! WOW I just love the colors and both images that you have used are so adorable!! Brilliant idea for the leaves ~ looks fabulous!!
:)Kathy

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, What a cute Fall card and treat box!! I love the additon of the leaves and swirls and I love your coloring of both Tildas. The pink and orange looks cute together!!
Hugs, Suzan

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Wow, these are great! Love your color choices and coloring, very nice!

Suzanne J Dean said...

They're BEAUTIFUL Norma! Love the autumnal colors & fabulously colored Tildas! So cute! Thanks for joinin' in on the challenge w/ us!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

beautiful Norma! what a great idea to have her sweeping leaves...we'll be doing that soon! I'm not ready for this year to be so far gone!!! boo!
Pam Going Postal

Giò said...

This set is really amazing. I love all details and the colouring too. hugs giò

Candy said...

Hi Norma!
What beautiful projects!!! Love your choice of DP they couldn't be better. Your colouring is excellent as always ( and I study it! ) Tilda sweeping those wee leaves is adorable..... Good luck on both sites!
Hugs, Candy

Unknown said...

Norma! These are so beautiful! I love the fall colors and how you colored in Tilda!

LINDA W. said...

Hi Norma,I like your card and treat bag very much.I have to have a pattern before i could make
something so cute.
Linda W.

cabio's craft corner said...

Great looking set Norma. Love the colors and the DP you choose for this gift set. I am just working on my card and haven't even thought of an idea for what I would make yet to put a set together with the card. Hope I will have enough time .
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

NORMA YOU HIT it GF!!!!!!!Your card and goodie box are gorgeous!!!! i love the combination you did for the card and box.Gosh i wish i had a scorpal!!! that is gonna be my first on my xmas wish list.The coloring on both girls are so nice I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOUR DUO SERIOUSLY!!! TFS!!! RubyM

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous set Norma! I love it!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful set, Norma!! I love the deep, rich colors of fall! Your coloring is wonderful and both Tildas look fabulous. I love it! hugs!

Deb said...

Adorable Norma! Love them both!

Nancy said...

Oh Norma I love your set it is beautiful! Your DP is gorgeous. I love the colors that you used and Tildas look fabulous! Great job Love It!
Hugs,
Nancy

Danielle said...

What fabulous projects Norma! I love how you made the box and the Tilda card is just too sweet! Very creative using the punched leaves with Tilda sweeping them up - I love that!
Hugs, Danielle

Dawn said...

Wheee these are stunning, beautifully made and love the Autumn theme

thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

Deeanna said...

Fabulous card..Great looking box too:)

Cami said...

Oh my gosh Norma, these are absolutely darlin'! You did a fantabulous job with the card and the treat box... so Fall! Beautiful papers and coloring. I love this set! Cami

Iris Wiechmann said...

This is fantastic! Love the treat box and matching card. The colors are so vibrant and your coloring is amazing! So glad you could enter our challenge this time Norma! It's a pleasure having you play with us, hope to see you next time again.

Hugs,
Iris

dolcreations said...

This set is fabulous! I just love how you made the leaves for Tilda to sweep up..great idea! Your box is just amazing! As always you have such beautiful work and I can't wait until your next post!
Christine

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWZERS Norma, the card is TOOOOOO TERRIFIC... Is that possible? Oh My it's gorgeous! and the box, I NEED THAT BOX...LOL... That's beautiful!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW WOW WOW - Norma you just continue to AMAZE me - it's always such a treat to visit your blog and see what stunning work you've done - am heading over sometime - in my dreams - for lessons for sure!!!
xXx

Sue said...

Norma, what a beautiful card and treat box. Colors are so pretty. Images are colored beatifully, she looks so cute all bundled up.
Wonderful project.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

OMG Norma this is just AAAAMAAAAZING
i love it

Ramona Michaluk said...

WOW Norma, this set is just fabulous - love it!! The autumn DP is just gorgeous and Tilda is beautiful. You've done an amazing job in creating your own box and decorating it to match the card - just love your work.
Truly inspiring.
Hugs,
Ramona

Glendon, DeSerres on Spadina, Toronto said...

Well done! Makes me want to eat a nice crisp autumn apple.

Rosette said...

They are beautiful Norma :) I love love love them :) Thanks for joining us at RoP, I hopw to see you back there soon! :)

Anja said...

Wow - you've made a great set ... I love your card and box ... wonderful

Hugs from Germany,
Anja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...