Sunday, July 05, 2009

Enjoy Your Day

Happy Sunday to all!


This card was created using this wonderful sketch provided for The Next Level Issue #5 challenge.


At the same time, I have also used the colours chosen for the Stamp with Fun colour challenge, their Challenge #13, which are: turquoise-brown.




The image I used is the Magnolia Paris Tilda. I only had to choose one DP from Chatterbox , a double-sided one which has the 2 colours I wanted. The rest are cardstock paper--sorry, I wouldn't be able to tell you what they are as I don't keep track of the names of particular shades. (I dumped all my cardstocks together in a wooden box.)

I did a lot distressing for this card--just about everything except for Tilda herself. Used Tim Holtz distress ink pad Vintage Photo for the brown and also Colorbox pigment stamp pad turquoise.

Both the Tildas, on the front and on the inside, were cut out and then mounted on foam tape for a 3-dimensional effect.

Do you like my flower? Check out this StampARTic tutorial provided by Marianne on how to make this flower and a few others. It's cool!

That's all.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Stamps: Magnolia #208 Paris Tilda, Stampendous perfectly clear stamps set Everything Happy.
DP: Chatterbox Botanico Blue Oak.
Tools: EK Success border punch and flower punches, Tim Holtz distress ink pad vintage photo, Colorbox pigment stamp pad turquoise.

22 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Love this card the image and the colours are so perfect xxxx fantastic card xxx
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Eulanda said...

Although I don't do turquoise & brown together much I just love it. I don't know why either cuz I do so much chocolate & pink. Your coloring is wonderful and I do really like your flower!

Anonymous said...

Norma, I just love this Tilda and what you have done with her. The colours go so well together.
Annette

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous. Its such a lovely colour combination and the flower looks great - I'm going to try a few this week.

Debbie Pamment said...

What a fabulous colour combo! Brown can really come to life if teamed with another colour - another stunning layout too. You never cease to amaze!
xXx

Cheryl said...

WOW,this is gorgeous!!! A fantastic take on the sketch and your papers are beautiful,Love it!

Kellie said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch! Don't you just love the little extra helping hand of a sketch! Just gorgeous Norma.
Kelx

dolcreations said...

All I can say is simply gorgeous! Wow!
Christine

Cami said...

VERY pretty card, Norma. Love the DPs and your coloring.

Barb Hardeman said...

Such a gorgeous creation, Norma. I love that color combo and all your stitching and distressing is fabulous. Wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah! this is sweet! love the color combo w/the Tilda you chose!
Pam Going Postal

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Great Card! I love your color combination

Katie said...

Norma,
I just love this card so much!
The coloring is wonderful!

Laurel said...

Absolutely adorable. Just love these colors together, Norma. hugs

cabio's craft corner said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Tilda is coloring beautifully as usual. Love the inked flower on the card!
Hugs,
Cabio

sharon said...

Her hair looks so soft I want to touch it. I like the movement you have created in her skirt. Good job girl!
Sharon L

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty! Very nice color combo.

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Your card is beautiful!!!!! Love your colouring as always and your distressing! The flower, of course, is fab as always!!
Hugs, Candy :o)

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful, Norma! I love the colors and Paris Tilda is soooo adorable! Your coloring is wonderful. Great card!
hugs
Sharon

Poppy said...

wow gorgeous card,love the inside too.
thanks for your kind comment.
poppy

mueppi said...

Wow... Norma
your card is gorgeous!
I love the colour combo and all details!
Hugs Gisela

Bec said...

WOW Norma, This is just gorgeous.. I love the colours.. Bec xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...