Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Bee Happy

Hello. Happy Wednesday!

I had started this card for 2 challenges, but when it was finished, I ended up with 3.
At Cute Card Thursday, this is their current theme: “Challenge 67 - Stitch in Time! This week we want to see some sewing, either faux of real, on your creation!” I’ve been doing more and more stiching on my cards lately, so this was no sweat. I have only done straight sticthes so far though, but on this card I’ve added some decorative stiches. And if that wasn’t going to be enough, I’ve added some buttons by sewing them on to the card.

And at Just Magnolia, for their week 12 , “The challenge this week is So Charming - we want to see some charms on your creations so dig your metal out and get creative!“ Since the Magnolia image I’m using is the Tilda with Bee, I’ve got the perfect bee charms for this card.

The 3rd challenge is from the Next Level. “This week we have a THEME for your CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK - BUTTONS AND BOWS. That is it - you can be as creative as you like, make anything you like, but it must have BUTTONS AND BOWS on it - the more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!!!” Since I had already planned to have numerous buttons on the card, I just had to add a bow to the card--only room for one.

With all the embelishment, I needed a simple layout. So just 2 pieces of DP's would do. Since Tilda is sitting at an angle, I thought it would look better if I perched her on a wavy line rather than a straight line.

I have the perfect sentiment for this card, but no place to put it on the front of the card, so I've stuck it inside. It's the title for my card. Don't ya think it's cute?
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!

Stamp: Magnolia #208 Paris Tilda, Stampendous E192 Happy Word.
DP's: Chatterbox Violet Dahlias and Light Parlor Stripe.
Tools: EK Success Retro Flower punches.

23 comments:

sharon said...

Norma
You did it again! What a great card. Your machine sewing is impeccable and I love that curve! You rock with those embellishments!
Sharon L

dolcreations said...

Norma..this is just stunning! I love the sewing on your card. Great job!
Christine

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow what a stunner ,love every thing agout it the colours and detail are fabulous
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Cheryl said...

WOW,this is gorgeous Norma.....I just love the contrast in papers and beautiful colours!!! Your design is amazing,I love it!
xx

Carolyn said...

Wow Norma, you've done it again. This card is stunning. I love this paper. Your images are so beautiful.

Debbie Pamment said...

Another winner!!! Can you just post ONE bad card to make the rest of us feel better - LOL. Only joking - you know how much your work inspires me!
Lotsaluv
xXx

kaylou said...

w this is absolutley stunnung, love the colours and the style you have used,just gorgeous.
hugs Kaylou xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love your Tilda Norma! I have her out on my desk to stamp. Got her w/the spring kit and she still hasn't been inked up! She's great w/the chatterbox papers and all the details you added!
Pam Going Postal

Lauren said...

Very cute! Great color choices!

Lauren

Barb Hardeman said...

Norma! What makes your cards so amazing and awesome is that you don't leave any details off!! The stitching is superb (and your paper didn't tear?)the button you hand sewed on are just gorgeous, your paper is stunning and the bee charms are perfect. What more can I say? This is down-right gorgeous!!!

kat9 said...

Really cute the purple and greens look wonderful together.

Mina said...

stunning card Norma both inside and out, your colouring is fantastic...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Vivi Casale said...

Norma your card is so beautiful! You did a great job on it!! outside and inside of it!! and the sewing is just marvelous!
Awesome card!
Hugs
Vivi

Jacque said...

Just darling Norma...love those colors together and all of the details are wonderful!!! Great card...Hugs..Jacque

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Your card is perfect in every way!!! Fantastic colouring and wonderful design and paper.
You sewing is superb!!! As are all of your buttons and charms.
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty purple. Norma, you did a very great job inside of your card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kerry D-C said...

oooh! aaaaah!! THis is lovely! The inside is as pretty as the front...as always!!!!!! Love the bee charm!

Nancy said...

Oh Norma your card is just stunning! It is just gorgeous I love everything about your card! Great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This so pretty, I love the colors and layout. Just beautiful! :) Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi There,I love your card. I am new to the Magnolia-licious yahoo Group, plus i am a newbie to card making. I need to learn alot.
Linda

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Norma!! Love the colors and the curve of the paper! It looks awesome! Fabulous card!!
hugs!
Sharon

Suzanne J Dean said...

Totally bee-u-tiful! Just gorgeous--love that dp (I hoard it, hee hee) and the curve on the card is eye-catching!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rach said...

an adorable card, wonderful details. hugs rachxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...