Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Flowers in the Wind

Hello!

3 weeks into April and I finally, finally have a card done for Diana’s April sketch challenge at Magnolia-licious. Better late than never!


Here's Diana's sketch.

I’m using the Whirling Flower Tilda image here. It’s not a new Magnolia stamp, but it’s a new acquisition for me. Boy, I hesitated when I first saw the image stamped on paper. I said: whoa…wait a minute! hee hee. That one HUGE area of Tilda’s dress is a bit daunting to colour—easier for me to colour several small areas, one at a time. But I went ahead anyway--just another challenge, right?

I also wanted to try something new here for me in colouring. I was trying to imagine the light source coming from the east (or the right side) instead of the usual frontal exposure.

And the inside of the card looks like this:

Hope you like this card. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

Stamp: Magnolia #267 Whirling Flowers Tilda, Hero Arts F1843 Time to Enjoy.
DP's: Chatterbox Cottage Pixie Garden and Sky Bias Stripe
Tools: Martha Stewart Butterfly punch

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! Perfect papers colors and coloring! Love the flower you made and the matching brads! Just great!

Debbie Pamment said...

How could anyone NOT like your card - she's gorgeous! You've coloured her perfectly for the change of light source. Love that butterfly punch, and you always finish the inside of you cards sooo nicely!
xXx

Jacque said...

Very pretty, Norma...love all those blues!!! The inside is so pretty too...Hugs..Jacque

Christina C. said...

Love your card, Norma!! The inside of the card is also very stunning. Hugs, Christina

PBrown9624 said...

Very pretty..Blue is my favorite color. I love how you shaded her and I really like the butterflies. Great job!

Sheri said...

Beautiful card...everything...just beautiful!

Eulanda said...

Oh I love how you colored her dress! I must try that. The butterflies are so cute!

mynewblog said...

That's really great colouring job on Tilda (not to mention all of the assemble you've done!! ). Wow, wow,wow!! The card is so pretty!
I love the inside of the card also.

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Norma! Love the blues and the way you colored her with the light coming from the right angle. You finished the inside of the card beautifully...all your hard work shows from outside to in. Great job!

cathy said...

This is gorgeous!! I love all the blues and the coloring with that side light source shading is terrific!

Candy said...

Hi Norma,

You have made such a beautiful card!!!! Your colouring is wonderful! ~ as are your paper choices. Love how you did the inside, too.
LOVE IT

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Norma, this card is absolutely gorgeous!
The way you colored her dress is amazing!!! ( I have to learn how to do that :) )
Hugs
Vivi Casale

Laurel said...

Great card both inside and out! I love your shading! Hugs

ChrisaBella said...

Love your card. You did an absolutely beautiful job.

Christine said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love those soft blue colors. That stamp just happens to be one of my favorite too.
Great papers and great design too. I am so glad that you have shared your talent with us!
xoxo, Christine

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! another beautiful card!!!

Krista said...

What a beautifull card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...